|Supporters, Opponents Rally Before Pivotal
Kavanaugh Hearing ...Sup. | Opp.
|Sept. 27, 2018 - Washington and the nation were transfixed by the high stakes hearing where Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee. On the morning of the hearing, supporters and opponents rallied on Capitol Hill. NOW organized a rally "in support of Dr. Blasey Ford, Deobrah Ramirez, and all survivors" in front of the Supreme Court. Participants were encouraged to wear teal to recall that Anita Hill wore that color during the Clarence Thomas hearings in 1991.|
| NOW President Toni Van Pelt (at
1. Rapist, sexist, anti-gay / Right-wing judges go away!
2. Stop the War on Women NOW / Kavanaugh we won't allow
3. However we dress, wherever we go, yes means yes and no means no!
4. Assault survivors do not lie / Kavanaugh, say goodbye!
6. Hey, Hey! Ho, Ho! / Kavanaugh has got to go
7. 1, 2, 3 4 We won't take it anymore! 5, 6, 7, 8 No more violence! No more hate!
8. Say it loud! Say it clear! / Kavanaugh's not welcome here
|A couple of Trump supporters
from Florida took in the scene.
|After the rally the group
marched oto the Senate Office Buildings.