Highlights on the Road to the White House
|Thurs. Oct. 1|
|Fri. Oct. 2||- President Trump tests
positive for COVID-19 (+).
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the unemployment rate for September (+).
|Sat. Oct. 3|
|Sun. Oct. 4|
|Mon. Oct. 5|
|Tues. Oct. 6||President Trump ends negotiations
with Congress on a coronavirus relief bill, but later
|Wed. Oct. 7||CPD-sponsored vice presidential debate at The University of Utah in Salt Lake City, UT.|
|Thurs. Oct. 8||- CPD announces the second
presidential debate will be virtual and the Trump
campaign pulls out (+).
- Free and Equal Elections Foundation open presidential debate.
|Fri. Oct. 9|
|Sat. Oct. 10|
|Sun. Oct. 11|
||U.S. Senate Judiciary
Committee begins hearings on the nomination of Judge Amy
Coney Barrett to serve as Associate Justice on the U.S.
Supreme Court. >
|Tues. Oct. 13|
|Wed. Oct. 14|
|Thurs. Oct. 15||
- ABC News town hall with former Vice President Joe Biden hosted by George Stephanopoulos at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia, PA. +
- NBC News town hall with President Donald J. Trump hosted by Savannah Guthrie at Pérez Art Museum Miami in Miami, FL. +
|Fri. Oct. 16||U.S. surpasses 8 million
cases of COVID-19 (+).
|Sat. Oct. 17|
|Sun. Oct. 18|
|Mon. Oct. 19|
|Tues. Oct. 20|
|Wed. Oct. 21|
|Thurs. Oct. 22||- U.S. Senate Judiciary
Committee advances nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett (+).
- CPD-sponsored third presidential debate at Belmont University in Nashville, TN.
|Fri. Oct. 23||U.S. reaches record number
of daily COVID-19 cases, 83,010.
|Sat. Oct. 24||Free and Equal Elections Foundation open presidential debate.|
|Sun. Oct. 25|
|Mon. Oct. 26||U.S. Senate votes 52-48 to confirm
the nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S.
Supreme Court (+).
|Tues. Oct. 27|
|Wed. Oct. 28|
|Thurs. Oct. 29|
|Fri. Oct. 30|
|Sat. Oct. 31|